Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Flowers for Algernon

If you were given a choice to have an operation that would make you much smarter, would you do it, especially if you knew the effects of the surgery would only be temporary? Why or why not? Use examples from the story.
I would say i wouldn't volunteer for an operation.One of the reasons i say that would be because i already know the effects, so i mean why get my hopes up thinking i would be smarter but the truth is the intelligence would be taken away from me. Plus the fact that, like Charlie, i would probably loose my loved ones and at the end they might feel sorry for me.

4 comments:

  1. Wow.. nice response..but what if it helped you to improve things around you ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job karen, it's short but it gives all your thoughts. I agree with you. keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete