Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Her Smile

When I looked at her smile, I knew she was up to something. I smiled back at her innocent, little look that she had in her face and just simply walked away as if everything was completely normal. I went back to thinking, in my head, and was wondering what was she really up to, though. Later on, i went back to doing the usual: cleaning, doing homework, and babysitting. I have been babysitting little Abbi since she was about 7 months, and now she was completely grown into a young, "sweet" little 5 years old girl. She was tremendously uncontrollable. I have told her parents that she was the devil disguised as an adorable little thing,otherwise i call her Chucky, but they thought i was fooling around. That was completely obvious for them to not really care since all that they would think about was money,money, and money! My friends and family have been telling me for quite a long time to quit the job, but the real reason I have been tolerating Abbi was because I needed the money really bad to help out my family in the crisis since both of my parents lost their job. So, I felt like it was my responsibility the provide my family emotionally and most importantly economically because I was the oldest of the siblings, it didn't really matter to me that i was a girl.


That day that Abbi gave me a suspicious look, like i said i was wondering what she was up to, and i suddenly realized that she has been bragging on and on about going to some birthday party of a "Friend" of hers. So when that thought ran through my head, i immediately ran o look for her. And sadly, I couldn't find her anywhere! So, I went knocking from door to door asking no wait literally yelling at people in a very desperate and worried way, " HAVE YOU SEEN THIS GIRL!!" showing them the cute little picture I had. The day suddenly disappeared and the full Moon shined as if it were the sun of the night. I later found a bench and sat down thinking about all the bad things i had said about her wishing she had never even existed, trying to take all those wishes back but I couldn't because it was to late, i was screwed and heart broken inside thinking i was the worst babysitter ever! So i went walking with my useless sobs back to Abbi's house thinking about how to tell her parents the devastating news.

When i arrived to her house, I saw Abbi! Abbi, the beautiful little girl, playing as if she was never gone. I was so really completely full of happiness and joy. The first thing i did was run towards her and embrace her in my arms, jokingly Abbi said, " okay your squishing me". I laughed and then my smile went down into a huge frown. I scolded at her asking why she almost gave me a heart attack. But sweetly and innocently she told me that she was never gone because she was playing hide and seek. So, i had to admit I learned my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment